Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve lies just to the east of Graaff-Reinet, in the heart of the malaria-free Eastern Cape's Great Karoo. Guests can either be collected by Mount Camdeboo’s recommended transfer company from Graaff-Reinet's Airstrip (closest airstrip) or Port Elizabeth Airport (closest national airport), or self-drive to the reserve.
A mere 280 km (approximately 3 hours) travel by road from the closest national airport in Port Elizabeth, car hire is available from the airport; roads are in fair condition and standard vehicles are sufficient. There are daily scheduled flights from Plettenberg Bay airport to Graaff-Reinet’s airstrip followed by a 30-minute road transfer to the reserve. GPS coordinates are S 32o 20’ 10.7” E 24o 54’ 51.3”.
FLIGHTS FROM PLETTENBERG BAY (PB):
Daily scheduled flights (excl Mondays) from Plettenberg Bay airport to Graaff-Reinet’s airstrip are available - below rates are per person, min 2 pax, all-inclusive one way:
- Aircraft is a twin engine 8-seater (7 passenger) Cessna 402C or twin engine Jet Cessna Citation Jet 8-seater (6 passengers);
- For parties larger than 7 pax, an additional aircraft can be arranged based on the same cost structure as above;
- A single transfer of x1 person is charged x2 seats;
- Luggage is restricted to 20kg pp in soft travel bags;
- Additional luggage can be stored free of charge at Plettenberg Bay airport;
- All arrangements are subject to availability.
ROAD TRANSFERS FROM PORT ELIZABETH AIRPORT:
A 280 km trip (approximately 3 hours) by road from the closest national airport in Port Elizabeth, with daily flights from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Guests can either be collected by Mount Camdeboo’s recommended transfer company from Port Elizabeth Airport or self-drive to the reserve (car hire is available from the airport; roads are in fair condition and standard vehicles are sufficient). Alternatively, road transfers are arranged by an outsourced service provider. Vehicles are air-conditioned. Prices below are quoted per vehicle and are subject to change.