On the Reserve
- Game drives
- Guided bush walks
- Cheetah tracking (during a game drive, at the sole discretion of the ranger)
- Star gazing. The Great Karoo has some of the clearest skies in the southern hemisphere, which offer up glittering treasures of the sky.
- Project Walk: an easy 2hr morning walk along the valley to take in the Mount Camdeboo Sable Breeding Project
- Camdeboo Breeding Projects
- Historic Anglo Boer War site where the pivotal "Battle of Paardefontein" was fought. It is here that the famous Boer Commander Johannes Lötter was finally captured. (The story is related on one of the game drives; further reading material is available in the curio shop)
In the area
Enjoy the beautiful architecture, museums and craft shops in the genteel town of Graaff-Reinet (60km)
Tours can be pre-arranged to see:
- Historic tour of Graaff Reinet
- Pre-historic fossil trails and bone collections
- Africa's largest selection of cacti
- The breathtaking Valley of Desolation
- Take a trip to the nearby town of Nieu Bethesda (120km) and visit the famed Owl House where a recluse artist who filled her home and garden with highly unusual cement and glass sculptures once lived.